Friday 8 June 2012

Mascarpone Banana Pie/Mascarpone Strawberry Pie

I made this recipe with both biscuits(digestive and hobnobs) and I also tried the chocolate covered version and the plain as well. All of them were delicious. I also experimented with the sizes. I did the pie in my big tart tin and in my small tartlet tins as well(depending how thick you press in the biscuit mix to the base, I usually make 5-6 small tartlets from this amount of biscuit). Also to get the base out in one piece you need the removable base tins!

Mascarpone Banana Pie





For the Biscuit Base
250g biscuit(Digestive or HobNobs-oat biscuit, either plain or chocolate covered)
75g butter

For the cream
4-6 tbs icing sugar
200g mascarpone
100ml double cream
1vanilla pod
5 tbsp Marsala

For the topping
3 bananas 
2 tbsp lemon juice
or
300g strawberry

Crush the biscuits to crumbs(I usually use the end of my rolling pin) and mix it with the melted butter. Press firmly the mixture into the form and put it to the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden.

Whip the double cream to stiff peaks, add the mascarpone, Marsala and icing sugar,and mix it together. Spoon the cream to the biscuit base and add the fruits on top.

If you using banana, with a brush cover the surface of the banana slices with some lemon juice. It will stop the banana to turn brown even after a day and you won't feel the taste at all.

Put the pie to the fridge for at least 1hour to get the right taste and temperature. 20 minutes before serving take the pie out of the fridge, otherwise it will be hard to remove the case from the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment